(1) Explain a life span development event, or issue (i.e., child rearing practices, marital considerations, elder care, dementia, reproductive technologies, healthcare policies);
(2) Apply the concepts and major theoretical approaches to the assigned case in resolving a life span development situation, i. e., mental or developmental disorder, psychosocial change or trauma, or a moral dilemma;
(3) Use research to evaluate and distinguish the influences of heredity, environmental context and cultural values in their case scenario;
(4) Apply ethical principles to “best” resolve or alleviate the problem in their assigned case;
(5) Use information literacy skills to locate appropriate research and other relevant community resources and materials to create an informative class presentation.
Grading: This assignment is worth a possible 100 points.
Directions: You are responsible for producing a research paper that include the following elements:
- Discuss at least one major theoretical approach to explaining and resolving the life span development situation (i. e., mental or developmental disorder, psychosocial change or trauma, or a moral dilemma).
- Share the research findings from one professional journal article, one national organization Website, one governmental agency, and one additional source to reference in the presentation. References must be done APA style.
- Discuss the research method used in the journal article to study the condition.
- Discuss your individual recommendations that you believe will best resolve/alleviate this condition based on research and the ethics and values as expressed in the “standard of care” practiced in this community.
- Discuss the impact of this condition on the physical, cognitive, and psychosocial development of those affected by this condition.
- Identify local community resources, and or national resources, such as phone numbers and contact information, and program details that are available to support an individual or family in your “lot in life” situation.