Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper featuring the following elements:
- Narrative project description
- Problem and result statement
- Mission justification
- Project scope statement
- Major deliverables
- High-level milestones for significant events
- Applicable technical requirements, assumptions, or constraints
- APA Format
For the Week 1 assignment Project Management Plan: Project Charter, you will notice that the instructions stated to obtain your instructor’s approval for a project you would like to use. Let me give you some guidelines that I look for when evaluating your proposals. Projects needs to be large enough to require all the tools/techniques that the assignment requires, but not too large. In other words, it’s kind of like the Goldilocks problem: not too small, not too big. Projects that work well in this course tend to have roughly the following characteristics:
1) project duration should be at least 6 months but not more than 1 year;
2) project budget should be at least $100,000, but not more than $5,000,000;
3) project should require at least a dozen different people, but not more than 30;
4) project will be completed in the context of a business or organization.
Personal projects like bathroom remodels, home construction, or weddings will not work for this course. While your chosen project doesn’t have to fit exactly within these requirements, I’m more likely to approve project proposals that are close to these specs. To submit your idea, please send me a Private Message to do so. I strongly encourage you to do this very early in week 1 so you will have time to complete the assignment. If you wait until the end of the week and I don’t approve it, you will have little time to complete the assignment.