Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 10
- File (PDF): Presentation (Pearson, 17 e) – Chapter 10 (attached)
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
The management implication for this discussion is a continuation of Week 4 Discussion 2, regarding how management can form more effective groups.
Initial Post Instructions
Assume you work for a company that redesigns existing products to improve them, from computer keyboards to bicycle helmets to toothbrushes. As a result, creativity is a key factor in whether your company succeeds in developing a product that is marketable.
You need to staff a new team of 5 individuals, and you have a pool of 20 to choose from. For each person, you have information about the following characteristics: intelligence, work experience, conscientiousness, agreeableness, neuroticism, openness to experience, and extraversion.
For the initial post, address the following:
- If you could form your perfect team for this context, what would it look like? In other words, what characteristics would you choose for each of the five members – a lot of work experience or a little; high, moderate, or low conscientiousness; and so on? Why?
- Describe your ideal team member – one hypothetical person you’d most like to work with for this context. (Use the same criteria as in the question above.)
Use citations from the textbook and one scholarly source to define the concept and to support your analysis and your choice of application. List the sources for citations at the bottom of the response.
- In addition to one initial post, respond to at least two peers.
- Initial Post Length: minimum of 250 words
- Use APA format for in-text citations and list of references.