Course: InfoTech in a Global Economy
LATE SUBMISSION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY PROF.
Due Date – 1 day
Discussion Question: Global Wireless
In previous week discussion, we looked at networks in general; however, in this discussion we’re looking at wireless networks, mostly focusing on mobile networks. Mobile networks in a global economy can be a challenge for multiple reasons.
First, governments in other countries control the mobile networks.
Second is the technology. Mobile networks in other countries might not be as good as the mobile networks within the US. As a global company, how can we deal with this? With a big push for 5G, which has speeds well over 2Gbps, how does that change the way you do business? What are some things you need to think about when it comes to doing business globally, using a wireless mobile network?
Chapter 9: Kressel, H., & Lento, T. V. (2012). Entrepreneurship in the Global Economy : Engine for Economic Growth. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
Study: 5G to account for 15% of global mobile industry by 2025. (2019). EE: Evaluation Engineering, 58(4), 6.
5G Mobile Broadband Technology–America’s Legal Strategy to Facilitate Its Continuing Global Superiority of Wireless Technology.
- Provide extensive additional information on the topic
- Explain, define, or analyze the topic in detail
- Share an applicable personal experience
- Provide an outside source (for example, an article from the UC Library) that applies to the topic, along with additional information about the topic or the source (please cite properly in APA 7)
- At least one scholarly source should be used in the initial discussion thread. Be sure to use information from your readings and other sources from the UC Library. Use proper citations and references in your post.
Required Books & Resources
Title: Entrepreneurship in the Global Economy ISBN: 9781139536660Authors: Henry Kressel, Thomas V. LentoPublisher: Cambridge University PressPublication Date: 2012-07-19
Title: Federal Cybersecurity ISBN: 9781634853965Authors: Cory MedinaPublication Date: 2016-01-01
Title: Mastering BlockchainISBN: 9781787125445Authors: Imran BashirPublication Date: 2017-04-28
Title: Global TechnologyISBN: 9780309185059Authors: Steve Olson, National Academy of EngineeringPublisher: National Academies PressPublication Date: 2011-02-08
Plagiarism includes copying and pasting material from the internet into assignments without properly citing the source of the material.