Paper – Find an article in the library and find a flaw in an argument. Write a 1000 word paper in APA format. Include a minimum of three references.
Research in the APUS library about common flaws in arguments and fallacies.
Organization of the assignment:
- Paragraph 1: Introduction Include a brief review of the article’s argument. Include a statement that the argument has merit but also contains multiple flaws to indicate the direction of this paper. Then map out the points that you will make to guide the reader through the body of the paper.
- Paragraph 2: Explanation of first flaw– this paragraph should have a strong topic sentence and then several sentences explaining the flaw in detail. In these paragraphs opinion is not acceptable. You must support your claim of a flaw in the argument.
- Paragraph 3: Second flaw – same as above
- Paragraph 4: Third flaw – same as above
- Paragraph 5: Conclusion: Include a summary of the flaws presented. Academically and professional explain how the flaws identified could be fixed to present a stronger argument.