Prepare: Review requirements for APA formatting. There are many resources found in the Writing Center, such as the following:
Write: Using the Week 1 APA Unformatted Example Essay, complete the following task:
- Using the “Track Changes” function located under the “Review” tab at the top of the Word document with the unformatted essay, identify as many APA formatting errors as possible (there are at least 25 errors).
- Using the “Comments” function, correctly write out the APA rule that applies to the identified errors. You do this by highlighting the word, words, or error and clicking on “New Comment” located under the “Review” tab at the top of your Word document. A comment box will pop up at the right of your paper for you to write the rule to the error.
- Do not comment on repeat errors. For example, if two citations have the same formatting mistake, comment on only one of them.
- Note that there are some capitalization and punctuation errors that you may correct through Track Changes, but they are not the focus of this exercise.
Before you submit your written assignment, please save this document as a PDF using the following instructions:
- After you have saved your document on your desktop, open it up and click on the File menu
- Click on “Save As”
- You will see a drop-down arrow below the title of your document. Click on the arrow to see the different formats that you can save the document in.
- Look for “PDF” and click on it.
- Click “Save”
Importance of Becoming a Global Citizen
[WLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
Prepare: View the Globalization at a Crossroads (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. series episode and read the article A Model of Global Citizenship: Antecedents and Outcomes by Stephen Reysen and Iva Katzarska-Miller (2013). Go to the Ashford University Library, and locate one additional source on global citizenship that will help support your viewpoint.
Reflect: Please take some time to reflect on how the concept of global citizenship has shaped your identity, and think about how being a global citizen has made you a better person in your community.
Write: Use the Week 1 Example Assignment Guide when addressing the following prompts:
- Describe and explain a clear distinction between “globalism” and “globalization” after viewing the video and reading the article.
- Describe how being a global citizen in the world of advanced technology can be beneficial to your success in meeting your personal, academic, and professional goals.
- Explain why there has been disagreement between theorists about the definition of global citizenship and develop your own definition of global citizenship after reading the article by Reysen and Katzarska-Miller.
- Choose two of the six outcomes of global citizenship from the article (i.e., intergroup empathy, valuing diversity, social justice, environmental sustainability, intergroup helping, and the level of responsibility to act for the betterment of this world).
- Explain why those two outcomes are the most important in becoming a global citizen compared to the others.
- Describe at least two personal examples or events in your life that illustrate the development of global citizenship based on the two outcomes you chose.
- Identify two specific general education courses.
- Explain how each course influenced you to become a global citizen.
The Importance of Becoming a Global Citizen
Hello, I need help with these assignments! Plagiarism and grammar will be checked.