For this assignment, you will focus on Hurricane Katrina. Review the “Executive Summary and Investigation Overview” (pp. 1–26) in the Katrina report, A Failure of Imitative.
Based on your review of the “Executive Summary and Investigation Overview,” write a 3- to 5-page paper that describes how you would have applied the 4 incident management principles of: 1) mitigation, 2) preparedness, 3) response, and 4) recovery, to make effective decisions during the Katrina emergency.
Explain why you would have taken the approach. What would the results have been had your approach been implemented during Katrina?
In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the assignment, a successful paper must also meet the following criteria:
- Include a cover page and references page in 10- to 12-point font (Arial, Courier, and Times New Roman are acceptable).
- Viewpoint and purpose should be clearly established and sustained.
- Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.).
- Writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics.
- Appropriate citation style should be followed.