This option will consist of selecting two religions (preferably not Christianity) and provide a comparative analysis on the significant similarities and differences between them on the one of the topics listed below.
GodDeathVirtueSinSalvationFamily valuesAfterlife (i.e. Heaven, Hell, Purgatory)ForgivenessSexual orientation/identityThe soulMoralityFreedomWarPrayerCreationThe human conditionFree willPain and suffering
Other topics can be chosen with the approval of your instructor.
This option’s paper must respond to the following questions:
- What are the basic tenets of the religions you have chosen to compare?
- How do these differ on this subject?
- How are they similar on this subject?
- As a Christian/ Catholic do you agree with the conclusions of these religions? Why or Why not?
- Conclude with personal learning acquired from the project.
Note: For this option, your paper should have at least four reputable sources including the text for the class. All sources should be acknowledged, both within the paper and on a Works Cited page at the end. You may use any citation system as long as it is used accurately and consistently.
- The paper is to be clear and concise and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation, and misspelling.
- The paper is to be 4-6 pages in length/1000-1500 words, current APA style, excluding the title and references page.