The creation of health policy is complicated. There are many stakeholders, issues, concerns, and politics that play a role in the process. The readings for this week provide a foundation for this process and the many contextual aspects of it.
For this assignment, you will be examining the stakeholders in policy making and the process of policy formulation. While policy is created at all levels of government, for this assignment, you will focus on the federal government. Your paper should discuss and analyze in depth the three phases of policy making, identify the stakeholders that are involved at each level, and assess the issues that might be present. Be sure to also explain how the stages are inter-related.
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your analysis.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 4 pages (title and reference page is not included in page number count).
- Support your paper with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 3 references. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals:
Angelo State University Library. (n.d.). Library guides: How to recognize peer-reviewed (refereed) journals. Retrieved from https://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php
- You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment:
Purdue Online Writing Lab. (n.d.). General APA guidelines. Retrieved from https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
- For additional information on reliability of sources, review the following source:
Georgetown University Library. (n.d.). Evaluating internet resources. Retrieved from https://www.library.georgetown.edu/tutorials/research-guides/evaluating-internet-content
- This assignment will be graded based on the content in the rubric.