It has been established that the Right to Health Care is not a guaranteed right in American law. Despite this, there have been many legal enactments that have incrementally moved in that direction without expressly granting it. After reviewing the background readings as well as doing your own research, draft a 1- to 2-page (single-spaced) position statement on whether the right to health care should be guaranteed in the United States. Be sure to include some discussion of ethics behind your position, including a discussion of ethical principles. You will not be graded on which side you choose, but you must support your position with reputable and reliable sources; this is not an opinion piece.
Please review the following document on how to draft a position paper; you are expected to follow the outline that is located within this document.
Xavier University Library. (2014). How to write a position paper. Retrieved from https://www.xavier.edu/library/students/documents/position_paper.pdf
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your report.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 2 pages (title and reference page is not included in page number count).
- Support your paper with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 3 references. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals:
Angelo State University Library. (n.d.). Library guides: How to recognize peer-reviewed (refereed) journals. Retrieved from https://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php
- You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment:
Purdue Online Writing Lab. (n.d.). General APA guidelines. Retrieved from https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
- For additional information on reliability of sources, review the following source:
Georgetown University Library. (n.d.). Evaluating internet resources. Retrieved from https://www.library.georgetown.edu/tutorials/research-guides/evaluating-internet-content
- This assignment will be graded based on the content in the rubric.