In this assignment, you will focus on providing support for children’s learning at home. Prior to starting the assignment, access the resource, Supporting Young Children’s Learning at Home, from the assignments page. You will use this information and information collected through your own research to create a family literacy
- Access the resource, Supporting Young Children’s Learning at Home download. Use the resource and your own research to create a family literacy kit. As you research and develop the family literacy kit, consider these questions:
- What should be included in a literacy kit? Why?
- Why will the kit you develop be beneficial to parents and their children?
- How will the kit benefit teachers? Relationships? Learning? Families?
- Decide on a focus for your kit. Your kit may be focused on reading, writing, language skills, fine motor skills, art, mathematics, social science, science, or a combination of subject areas. Write an introduction to your literacy pack that includes scholarly support of its use.
- Your kit should include at least 10 activities, two of which should be technology-integrated.
For each activity, create an activity template to explain the scope and process. Do not cut and paste activities from other locations. If you use activities found from other educational sites, describe them in your own words and be sure to cite them appropriately by including an internal citation and a complete Reference entry. Include the following:
- Activity title
- 2 to 3 learning objectives (Start each objective with a measurable verb.)
- One-paragraph rationale for the inclusion of the activity. Make sure to include scholarly support for the rationale.
- Why is the activity included in the kit?
- How will the activity be beneficial to parents and their children?
- How will the activity benefit teachers? Relationships? Learning? Families?
- Materials required for the activity
- Procedures: Steps required to carry out the activity
- Decide on the packaging for the kit. You do not have to create the packaging for this assignment, but you should submit the design for the packaging. You may want to submit a drawing, photograph, or a paragraph describing the packaging.