Review the Policy Brief assignment instructions. Before writing your final Policy Brief, you will conduct either a survey of DU students or a second interview. Choose which option makes the most sense for your project. For this short writing assignment, write a survey/interview purpose statement that answers the following questions:
- What is the purpose of this survey/interview?
- What do I want to find out?
- How will this information help me make an argument in my policy brief?
Then, revisit “Living Sources” for tips on survey design and interview strategies. With these questions and tips in mind, develop 4-6 questions for your interview or survey.
- Plan potential survey or interview questions.
- Avoid problematic questions and lines of inquiry.