You have been asked to write an article for a magazine (or newspaper – your choice) about a major mass wasting event (a landslide, mudslide, debris flow, rock fall, etc.), informing the public about the hazards of landslides, why they happen in certain locations, and the types of devastation that may occur as a result.
You may choose from one of the following types of magazine/newspaper genre (audiences) for whom you would like to write:
- NY Times, Washington Post, etc.
- People, Cosmopolitan, Elle, etc.
- US and World Report, Newsweek, etc.
- National Geographic, Discover, Earth, etc.
- Ranger Rick, Highlights, Sesame Street, etc.