- Review the integumentary, skeletal, and muscular systems in this week’s Learning Resources. Investigate how your assigned health condition impacts those systems. Select the system that is most significantly impacted.
- Determine whether your health condition impacts the system you selected directly or indirectly. Most health conditions have a profound impact on only a few of the systems. Remember that the systems of the body work collaboratively as a single week. A lack of homeostasis in one system often leads to dysfunction in other systems as well.
- Keep in mind that the health conditions identified in this course are selected because they have a direct or indirect impact on at least one of the systems in each week of the course. If you are struggling to identify the impact of your assigned condition to any of the systems in that week, contact your Instructor for assistance.
Post a 2- to 3-paragraph analysis that describes the impact of your health condition smoking on one of the systems you studied during this week. Select the system most impacted by your assigned health condition. The analysis should:
- Explain whether the health condition has a direct or indirect effect on the system you chose, explaining why this system was impacted more than the other systems studied during this week.
- Describe how the health condition causes a homeostatic imbalance in the system.
- Analyze the body’s reactions to the health condition as it attempts to re-establish homeostasis and discuss treatment options, cures, and prognosis.