Your response to this Assessment should:
- Reflect the criteria provided in the Rubric.
- Adhere to the required assignment length.
Access the following to complete this Assessment:
Before submitting your Assessment, carefully review the rubric. This is the same rubric the assessor will use to evaluate your submission and it provides detailed criteria describing how to achieve or master the Competency. Many students find that understanding the requirements of the Assessment and the rubric criteria help them direct their focus and use their time most productively.
This Assessment requires submission of a PowerPoint presentation with detailed speakers’ notes. Save this file as IS3003_firstinitial_lastname (for example, IS3003_J_Smith).
When you are ready to upload your completed Assessment, use the Assessment tab on the top navigation menu.
Proposal for Implementing Emerging Trends or Technologies Within an Organization
You work as an IT analyst at XYZ Corporation, and your manager, Farah Ahmad, has asked you to develop a presentation for a new client on emerging trends and/or technologies that the client organization could integrate into its operations. First, you must research emerging trends or technologies presented in a recent news report, trade magazine, research publication, or other source. Online resources are posted annually outlining the emerging trends and technologies for the current and coming year; make sure you search the Internet for these resources as part of your research. You will also discuss the change management strategies to be used during the adoption process, as well as the strategies for implementation and integration of these technologies into the organization. Note that this PowerPoint presentation will be divided into two parts: analyzing the trends and implementing the trends.
(Note: For the purpose of this exercise, the “client company” could be a current or previous employer, Walden University, or any other company or organization with which you are familiar enough to perform your analysis.)
In addition to the following two parts, you should include a cover slide, a brief introduction to your “client company” (i.e., selected organization), and a References slide that includes properly formatted citations for a minimum of four scholarly resources to support the information you presented. Each content slide should also include detailed speaker’s notes that would be used to make the presentation to the leaders of the client company. Use the presentation template provided to address the following:
Click each of the items below to complete this assessment.
- Describe the two trends and/or technologies you identified from your research, including an explanation of what characterizes these trends or technologies as emerging. (1–2 slides)
- Analyze each trend for its application to the selected organization. Specifically:
- What is the history of the trend, and in what ways has it gained or is gaining popularity? (1 slide)
- What, if any, other organizations are incorporating this trend? If any, are there any results on its success? (1–2 slides)
- How could these trends apply to an organization? What is the appeal? (2–3 slides)
- Include any additional insights on the trends. (1–2 slides)
- Apply each trend. Specifically:
- What are some strategies and process considerations for implementing change within an organization? Be sure to address any challenges (i.e., organizational culture, reallocation of resources, etc.) that your client must consider upfront when implementing a change management process to incorporate the selected trends/technologies. (2–3 slides)
- How can these change management challenges be addressed by management within the client organization? (2–3 slides)
- What are your recommendations for how the organization could implement each trend? (2–3 slides) <li>
- What are potential issues/risks (i.e., a problem that might arise from the implementation; for example, rejection of a new product by your customer base or unanticipated security risk) to the implementation? (1–2 slides)
- What are some possible strategies to mitigate these risks? (2–3 slides)