Develop a policy for admission criteria for other units in the hospital (Emergency Department) in the hospital to refer to for suitable admission the pediatric intensive care unit (PICU). This policy will encompass admission guidelines, defining who would make admission decisions.
Develop a 12- to 15-slide PowerPoint presentation that includes the following:
- A title slide with the following:
- Your name
- Presentation title
- Submission date
- A slide showing presentation objectives
- A summary of the Practicum Project topic, goal, objectives, and rationale
- A summary of the Practicum Project methodology
- A summary of the Practicum Project findings
- Conclusions and recommendations that incorporate an evaluation of the Practicum Project findings in terms of utility and potential for impact within the nurse executive specialization and your practicum organization’s environment
- Examples of scholarly product(s) developed for the Practicum Project, if applicable (you may use screenshots or scans to incorporate these items into your presentation)
- A summary slide that properly synthesizes and concludes the presentation
- A list of references (including a minimum of five scholarly resources), properly formatted using APA style
In addition, you must do the following:
Design your slides appropriately. Presentation design and aesthetics should complement the work being presented and aim to engage the audience. The evaluation of your presentation will address not just the appropriateness and inclusion of all required content, but also the extent to which the slides are neat, organized, and visually appealing.
Write detailed speaker notes for each slide (except the title and reference slides) to complement the slide content. Speaker notes should be clear, in-depth, and function as augmentation of the slide material.
Note: These notes should be written with sufficient depth to allow someone else to deliver the presentation. Make sure the PowerPoint presentation reflects graduate-level writing and presentation standards, with professional-looking graphics and appropriate type style.
Along with your Practicum Project presentation, include a 500- to 750-word plan for sharing your project findings with the larger community of nurse executives and leaders. Within the Dissemination Plan template:
- Explain why your Practicum Project results warrant dissemination, including a description of the value of disseminating information about your results. Be specific and provide examples.
- Describe a future target audience, and explain which method of dissemination you would use and why as well as the organization, conference, or journal you would choose for sharing findings related to your Practicum Project. Be specific and provide examples.
- Write an abstract for your project, as if you were submitting a proposal for a conference.