Describe how the civil liberties guaranteed by the Bill of Rights make it more difficult for law enforcement to catch and convict criminals.
In responding to your classmates, discuss why the Framers established a system that put so many obstacles in the way of the police. Given that the world has changed and become more dangerous, should there be more limits on civil liberties in order to keep society more secure from terrorism?
classmates Post #2:
The Bill of Rights protects citizens from the government. It has amendments that describe what the government cannot do. This makes it more difficult for law enforcement to catch and convict criminals do to their being a set of rules set fourth that protect the citizens. However, this only makes it more difficult. Law enforcement will stay within their parameter’s, but will still indict criminals with ease.
classmates Post #2:
Civil Liberties are set up in the bill of rights to ensure that the people of this country are protected under the law. When matters of search and seizure(2nd amendment) occur that the parameters are quite clear how far law enforcement authorities can go. The community of agencies that ensure the laws are followed are quiet diligent on ensuring the liberties are followed. When the liberties of a person or persons are violated the issues are over seen by many courts and reviewed to ensure the rights (liberties) of the citizenry are upheld. Understanding that the system is not perfect but as we see on a daily basis the system does work.
Your active participation in the discussion topics is essential to your overall success this term. Discussion questions are designed to help you make meaningful connections between the course content and the larger concepts and goals of the course. These discussions offer you the opportunity to express your own thoughts, ask questions for clarification, and gain insight from your classmates’ responses and instructor’s guidance.
Requirements for Discussion Topic Assignments
Students are required to post one initial post and to follow up with at least two response posts for each discussion topic assignment.
For your initial post (1), you must do the following:
- Compose a post of one to two paragraphs.
- In Module One, complete the initial post by Thursday at 11:59 p.m.
- In Modules Two through Eight, complete the initial post by Thursday at
11:59 p.m. of your local time zone.
- Take into consideration material such as course content and other
discussion topics from the current module and previous modules, when appropriate (make sure you are using proper citation methods for your discipline when referencing scholarly or popular resources).
For your response posts (2), you must do the following:
- Reply to at least two different classmates outside of your own initial post thread.
- In Module One, complete the two response posts by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
- In Modules Two through Eight, complete the two response posts by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. of your local time zone.
- Demonstrate more depth and thought than simply stating that “I agree” or “You are wrong.” Guidance is provided for you in each discussion prompt.