PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO AND READ THE ASSIGNMENT
Human resource (HR) managers are largely responsible for building and managing the systems that recruit, train, provide protection from legal implications, and retain employees. By encouraging corporate leadership to provide employee training and promotions that lead to increased compensation, HR managers add value to an organization.
Imagine you are an HRM with a large company. Watch the following video:
Once you have watched the video, write a minimum 3-page analysis that answers the following questions and supports your intended request for a raise:
- What are the three critical functions of human resource managers and how do these functions support an organization?
- The video suggests that the cost of HR includes hiring, productivity, and retention. Define each of these costs, and provide an example.
- Describe the steps that you can take to help your CEO understand the revenue equivalency of HR costs within your organization.
- Having a written plan is essential when creating a strategic plan. Identify the five components of a strategic plan, and define the importance of each.
- Define the difference between long-term goals and short-term goals, and provide an example of each.
- Give a recent example of “when and then” from your work experience. Describe the situation and why you believe it fits the “when and then” criteria.
- Define working above the line and below the line in an organization. In your opinion, where should an HR manager be and why?
- Explain the difference between 50/50 and 40/40 emotional energy, and provide an example of each.
- Moving yourself or an employee to 40% positive energy requires leaders to provide coaxing, encouragement, and inspiration. Describe a strategy for assisting an employee or coworker to move from a 20% energy to a 40% energy. Be specific with your response.
- As an HRM, you have decided to ask for a raise. Provide three bullet points that you plan to share with your manager to support your request.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 3 pages minimum
- Body: This begins on the page following the title page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 3 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.