Chapter 5. Portfolio Management—Project Screening and Selection
Initial Postings: Read and reflect on the assigned readings for the week. Then post what you thought was the most important concept(s), method(s), term(s), and/or any other thing that you felt was worthy of your understanding in each assigned textbook chapter.Your initial post should be based upon the assigned reading for the week, so the textbook should be a source listed in your reference section and cited within the body of the text. Other sources are not required but feel free to use them if they aid in your discussion.
Also, provide a graduate-level response to each of the following questions:
- Identify a project that you are planning to pursue either at home or at work. List all of the components, decision points, and chance events. What is the measure of success for the project? Assuming that there is more than one measure, how can you reconcile them?
- In which type of projects does risk play a predominant role? What can be done to mitigate the attendant risks? Pick a specific project and discuss.
[Your post must be substantive and demonstrate insight gained from the course material. Postings must be in the student’s own words – do not provide quotes!] [Your initial post should be at least 450+ words and in APA format (including Times New Roman with font size 12 and double spaced).
Post the actual body of your paper in the discussion thread then attach a Word version of the paper for APA review]
Three new-product ideas have been suggested. These ideas have been shown in the attached pdf file – Question 2.
- Using an equal point spread for all five ratings (i.e., P = 1 , F = 2 , G = 3 , VG = 4 , E = 5 P=1, F=2, G=3, VG=4, E=5), determine a weighted score for each product idea. What is the ranking of the three products?
- Rank the criteria, compute the rank-sum weights, and determine the score for each alternative. Do the same using the rank reciprocal weights.
- What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of this method of product selection?