For the final assessment, you will assume the position of an outside consultant for ABC Company who has contacted you to determine if it is necessary to implement an IT code of ethics. You will write a brief report on the importance of writing and adopting a code of ethics for ABC Company. You will develop a PowerPoint presentation that will include the important components to include in this code of ethics. The report will be presented to the CEO and CIO. The PowerPoint presentation will be presented to top management and supervisors as well as the CEO and CIO.
Write 4–6 pages in which you develop an organizational code of ethics for information technologists. This includes evaluating ethical issues and providing a supporting rationale for codes of ethics.
To successfully complete this assessment, you will be expected to:
- Justify in a written report the need to develop and adopt a code of ethics at the ABC Company.
- Determine in your written report the key ethical responsibilities of information technology professionals.
- Communicate your rationale for this code of ethics persuasively in your written report, according to the needs of the CEO and CIO and other upper managers and supervisors who will attend.
- Compile in a PowerPoint presentation the most important components that would need to be part of the ABC Company’s code of ethics.
- Develop your PowerPoint presentation persuasively, according to the needs of the CEO and CIO and other upper managers and supervisors who will attend.
Your report should:
- Include a title page and a references page.
- Include an introductory paragraph and a concluding paragraph.
- Include a minimum of two research resources.
- Follow APA guidelines for style and formatting.
- Be approximately 3–4 pages in length, excluding the title page and references page.
Your PowerPoint presentation should:
- Include an introductory slide.
- Contain at least four slides.
- Include specific expected behaviors of IT professionals.