NO PLAGIARAISM ATTACHED ARE THE ARTICLES. PLEASE CHOOSE ONE.
Prior to beginning this assignment, consider that Messer, Patten, and Candela (2016) provides a helpful summary of life course theory on pages seven through eight. Also, note that Salvatore (2017) provides a helpful summary of life course theory on pages one through two. In addition, consider pages 697–698 in Zoutewelle-Terovan and Skardhamar’s (2016) article which provides helpful summaries of criminological theories. Review information in the Wright (2012) text on processes for law enforcement, the judiciary, and corrections. Finally, review the web-based materials FBI: Uniform Crime Reporting (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. and National Institute of Justice (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site., which support this assignment in for this week.
In this assignment, you will explore a criminal justice issue and an associated criminal justice process. You will also consider an application for criminology that is relevant to that criminal justice issue.
This assignment consists of two parts: researching a criminal justice issue using the Ashford University Library’s database of scholarly journal articles and exploring the issue through the appointed prompts.
Summarizing the Issue and Processes. As you respond to the elements below, think about questions or issues addressed by the author(s) of the source that you select.
In your paper, drawing upon the article and/or other relevant scholarly or credible sources, address the following:
- Explain a criminal justice issue in law enforcement, the judiciary, or corrections, relevant to one of the following areas: poverty, unemployment, education, or illegal drug use.
- Describe at least one process for law enforcement, the judiciary, or corrections relevant to the criminal justice issue.
- Describe an application for criminology that is relevant to the criminal justice issue.
- To help you with this part, think about how a criminological theory could support a program or approach relevant to the criminal justice issue. For example, the article by Messer, Patten, and Candela (2016) relates life course theory to the use of drug courts.
- If the article that you choose addresses a theory in criminology, you may use the article to help you address this part of the assignment. If the article does not address criminology, then please use one of the following resources: Messer et al. (2016), pages 7–8; Salvatore (2017), pages 1–2; or Zoutewelle-Terovan and Skardhamar (2016), pages 697–698.
The Issues in Criminal Justice paper
- Must be a minimum of 500 words double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted