Assignment: Network Traffic Analysis Tool EvaluationLearning Objectives and Outcomes
- Describe the capabilities of several sniffers and other network analysis tools.
- Identify tools to add to a forensics toolkit.
You are an experienced employee of the DigiFirm Investigation Company. DigiFirm experienced strong profits last quarter. Company executives have increased the operating budget for the rest of the year and expressed an interested in adding network traffic analysis tools to the lab.There are several sniffers and other tools available for traffic analysis, including:
- Tcpdump and WinDump
Chris, your team leader, needs your assistance in selecting two tools that would be a good addition to the lab’s forensics toolkit.
For this assignment:
- Research the list of sniffers and other network analysis tools.
- Write a proposal in which you describe the capabilities of each tool.
- Recommend two tools for the lab and justify your recommendation.
- Course textbook
- Internet access
Submission RequirementsFormat:Microsoft WordFont:Arial, size 12, double-spaceCitation Style:Follow your school’s preferred style guideLength:1-2 pages
- I researched the list of sniffers and other network analysis tools.
- I wrote a proposal that describes all of the tools I researched.
- I selected two tools that I think would be good additions to the DigiFirm lab and justified my recommendation.
- I organized the information appropriately and clearly.
- I created a professional, well-developed report with proper documentation, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.