Develop an entire home network with a budget of $5,000.00. Your configuration must assume the purchase of associated hardware for access to both wireless and wired connections and a broadband connection. For the purpose of your configuration you must assume the network will be used by four (4) individuals.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Describe the hardware you will purchase or build (inclusive of computers, memory, storage, video cards, printers, routers and cabling). Justify your hardware selection.
- Develop a spreadsheet or table within the two to three (2-3) page paper that itemizes the costs from the online retailer(s) of your choice.
- Summarize and support the approach you will use to back up your devices.
- Suppose you were provided an additional $2,000.00 to enhance your network. Explain the changes you would make to grow your infrastructure. Support your response inclusive of memory, storage, networking and redundancy solutions.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain how the components of information technology systems interrelate.
- Illustrate the use of information and communication technologies to solve problems as an information technology professional.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in security management.
- Write clearly and concisely about the theories of security management using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.