On February 14, 2018, 19 year old Nikolas Cruz was alleged to have committed a massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. Many students and faculty were killed and injured and the alleged shooter is now facing charges for these crimes Answer the following:
- What occurred (background and evidence of/in the case)?
- Did the school administration respond appropriately to the incident?
- Did law enforcement response appropriately to this occurrence?
- Were there any “red flags” that could have prevented this from occurring?
- What changes, if any, in security would you suggest at Parkland and/or all schools?
- Were there any legislative enactments in the State of Florida in response to this occurrence?
- Is violent crime a common occurrence in schools (local/Florida/nationally)?
- What would be the appropriate punishment for the offender in the event he is found to be guilty of the charges?
BE SPECIFIC . EXPLAIN. Please answer the questions fully and concisely in your own words, in essay (APA) format. Be sure to use standard English, spelling and grammar.
- Your answer should be a minimum of 1000 words in 2 pages not including the cover page and reference page. You must include a word count at the end of your paper.
- You must have a separate cover page and reference page.
- Your paper must be double-spaced (not including the cover page or reference page).
- You must use a minimum of three scholarly articles to support your position/findings on a separate reference page.
- Assignment should be prepared as a Word document (only).