1. Analyze and identify challenges and issues pertaining to logistical processes.
2. Apply essential elements of core logistic and supply chain management principles.
3. The capacity to write coherent project about actual logistic case studies.
This assignment is an individual assignment.
The purpose of this assignment is to identify and apply Logistics and Supply Chain Management concepts/tools to suggest logistics performance priorities. To this purpose, you should review about these companies through secondary available information. Think about how you can apply the concepts/tools that you learned in this course.
Just in time (JIT) is an inventory management method whereby materials, goods, and labor are scheduled to arrive or be replenished exactly when needed in the production process? Using this concept of JIT and Lean Thinking you should answer the following questions by taking any Saudi Manufacturing company.
1. Why Companies adopted JIT model?
2. Assess the reasons for using lean thinking. What are the benefits from Suppliers to end users? Using examples and Reasons why Company more focus on lean thinking and make their production Optimal?
The Answer should be 3- 4 pages in length including the cover and appendices, with 1″ margins on all sides, double-spacing, and 12 point font. The cover of the answer should include title, course code and name, your full name, and your University id number.
The Answer must follow the outline points below:
· JIT and Lean Thinking
· Their Main functions
· Any local example
· Reasons with suitable Examples