Examining the Team
Last week, you identified your team for the final assignment, including your role, your leadership style, and the change you hope to bring to the team. This week, you will refine some of those observations and begin to examine your team using the concepts from your readings and lectures. Consider the following categories and answer the questions:
- How does the leader handle his or her emotions?
- How does the team deal with emotions?
- Describe the team’s level of EI. Is this an area that the leader needs to help the team develop?
- How might leaders enhance team EI? Give specific examples.
- When thinking of leaders communication, would you describe the leaders’ communication style as persuasive, manipulative, or coercive? Why?
- Think of at least two different team members in the team and describe their communication style.
- Is there a certain communication style that is most dominant on this team?
- How does the leaders’ communication style affect team members?
Philosophy and Style
- What type of philosophy (theory X or theory Y) seems to be held by leaders and other members of the team?
- What type of leadership style have you adopted as a leader (authoritarian, democratic, and laissez-faire)?
- What action steps would help enhance the leadership style in the team?
You might need to interview some team members to gather answers. You should do some research by using the South University Online Library or the Internet to help you formulate the necessary action steps. If you are the leader of the team, you should ask members of the team to help you develop answers to the questions.
- Summarize your answers in a 3- to 4-page Microsoft Word document, using APA style.
- Support your responses with examples and research.
- Name your document SU_MGT3102_W2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
- Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.