· Watch the Safety Video by American Chemical Society. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o77QEeM-68
· Answer all questions in this Lab report.
1. Why should small containers be used to prepare solutions in the laboratory? Explain.
2. When you prepare the dilution of a concentrated acid with water, what is the most important rule that you must follow?
3. In the laboratory, where should you work with volatile chemical reagents? Why?
4. What are the correct rules for the safe use of Bunsen burners?
5. When you heat the test tube direct in the flame, how should you do it correctly?
6. When you smell gas in the laboratory, what should you do?
7. Explain the meaning of “Dressing for Safety” to work in the chemistry lab?
8. What is the procedure to follow when an accident occurs with corrosive reagents?
9. Why is the use of goggles and gloves important in laboratory work?
10. What are the most important emergency equipment in the chemical laboratory?