Discussion 3 Physical Vulnerability assessment of security perimeters of TechWorx.
Assignment: Mr. Scott wants a Physical vulnerability assessment of the security perimeters of TechWorx.
Chapters 3.6 (Gupta and Goyal)
Chapter 4 (Fennelly)
- Inside the Techworx building:
- 1st-floor reception and access to stairs, elevators, loading dock, and restrooms
- 2d floor offices and conference rooms
- 3rd floor: Executive offices
- 4th floor: IT Offices and data center
- Define the three Perimeters (Outer, Inner, and Interior) for TechWorx and what are the key vulnerabilities of each of the perimeters. Note: In figure 2 below, there is no indication of an outer perimeter. You will need to create one for the organization.
- What are the most critical areas/limited access areas that we should secure in the building?
- Include at least one supporting figure, image, or diagram. (you may have more than one)
- Ensure you address all three security perimeters.
- What type of access control systems do you recommend for TechWorx and why? Note: I am not asking for a specific model and brand. At this point, we are just brainstorming what types of systems we will need.
Mr. Scott was very happy to hear about the NIST Cybersecurity Framework. He is anxious to get started on protecting TechWorx equipment and personnel. For this assignment only consider physical perimeters. We will cover computer/network (logical) perimeters in future assignments.
Figure 2TechWorx Corporate Office