**NEED NO LATER THAN NOON EST ON OCT 12, 2020**
Prior to beginning work on this assignment,
- Watch the 1-hour documentary, In Money We Trust? (https://www.pbs.org/video/in-money-we-trust-ox6o7a/)
- Read Chapters 1 through 6 of Money: How the Destruction of the Dollar Threatens the Global Economy—And What We Can Do About It.
Steve Forbes is an expert on the global economy, monetary policy, and politics, and for this assignment, you will have the opportunity to dissect and analyze both his Money book and the In Money We Trust? documentary. Through a written analysis, you will explore the importance of a sound money system.
It is suggested you watch the documentary first to gain insight on some of the basic concepts. Next read the book and answer the questions in sequence. Answer each of the questions noted in each section below. Each section should be approximately one page in length with a total paper length of five to six pages. Be sure to analyze and write in your own words; do not just use quotes to make your points. Additionally, judge the importance of a sound money system and assess the value of Steve Forbes’s conclusion in using the gold standard.
Section 1: Chapter 1: How We Got Here
- What are Forbes’s reasons for the housing bubble and how it related to the Federal Reserve Bank’s policies?
- What does a weak dollar mean and what issues may come of it?
- What one other concept or idea stood out to you in Chapter 1?
Section 2: Chapter 2: What Is Money
- Why must money be stable?
- What is Forbes’s prediction of Bitcoin?
- This was noted at the end of the chapter: “Money measures wealth, but it does not create it.” What does this statement mean?
Section 3: Chapter 3: Money and Trade
- What did Nixon do with the gold standard and what was the impact?
- What is Forbes’s view of trade deficits? Are his viewpoints good or bad?
- What one other concept or idea stood out to you in Chapter 3?
Section 4: Chapter 4: Money Versus Wealth; Chapter 5: Money and Morality
- What happens when the supply of money is increased?
- How can changes in monetary policy act as a system of communication?
- How are money and trust tied together?
- What one other concept or idea stood out to you in either Chapter 4 or 5?
Section 5: Chapter 6: The Gold Standard
- What is the gold standard and how might it work in the US?
- Why does Steve Forbes believe the gold standard should be brought back?
- What is your overall conclusion of Steve Forbes’s view of money?
The In Money We Trust? Documentary and Money Book Analysis paper
- Must be five to six double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Avoid over-dependence on direct quotes. Direct quotes are a great way to strengthen our assertions and provide support. However, be sure to avoid using excessive direct quotes in lieu of original thought. Direct quotes will not meet the requirement for analysis, application, and critical thinking. Please ensure to not overuse direct quote so that you can avoid losing points for this. Review the Integrating Research (Links to an external site.) resource from the Ashford Writing Center for additional guidance.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.