Data Science Activity-1
The following is an essay designed to evaluate your ability to research, critically think, and to write about a topic of analytics of your choosing. Part 1 is about creating an idea and Part 2 is about exploring a potential approach and methodology through the “Scientific Method” that I’ve discussed in the past two weeks. Your response should be structured, professional, and no more than two pages, single-spaced. We will be using Calibri (Body), 11-point font.
Part 1: Area of Interest
Research an area of interest and find an article related to your area of interest. Provide a summary of the article addressing the questions below. You can include a link to the article or a PDF of the article in your submission.
- Why did you choose this article?
- What is the article about?
- What does the term analytics mean to you?
- What is a question, or topic that you are interested in POTENTIALLY studying in this course?
- How does this article help you start this research, or support the research?
Part 2: Bringing your Area of Interest to Life
There is a lot of material on the Internet related to the Scientific Method. I provided one of many different representations of the method. I want you to research the Scientific Method and answer the questions below:
6. Have you used the Scientific Method before, and if so, summarize your experience?
7. What is the Scientific Method? What are the steps?
8. Bring your Part 1: Area of Interest to life and describe the tasks you would need to complete in order to conduct the research in the future? You do not need to form a hypothesis or conduct any specific science tasks. I am evaluating your ability to conceptual a potential business problem/question and inform the reader what steps to take if the Scientific Method was going to be used as the approach.
I will be evaluating you as follows:
¨ Was there evidence that the student watched the instruction video and formatted in the way suggested on the video? (10 points)
¨ Was the student able to meet the two-page limit, single spaced, and font requirements?
¨ Did the student provide a link, or copy of the article in the submission?
¨ Did the student write in a structured format with minimal spelling and grammar errors?
¨ How was the overall content of the answers?