1. (a) Select an industry with which you are somewhat familiar [e.g., kitchen appliance manufacturing, personal care products, or after-market automobile parts]. (b) Identify three countries with which companies in your nation might establish a partnership or subsidiary. (c) Assume your locally-based corporation has entered into joint ventures [shared equity and management partnership] in two of those countries, and has a wholly-owned subsidiary [i.e., no partner] operating in the third [your choice]. In both types of business relationships your company has employed a combination ofexpatriate [i.e., parent-country employees who have been employed in your local operations] as well as host country nationals [HCNs], and employees from at least one other third country [TCNs].
2. Identify basic trends in the following aspects of the business environment which might affect your business over the next two or three years while engaged in a partnership [international joint venture] or with a wholly-owned subsidiary doing business in the group of countries you are assigned. Cite your sources.
3. From your analysis, determine potential implications for HRM policies and practices.
4. Using the outline below, prepare a 5-10 minute overview of your findings.
5. Conclude by telling what additional information you would seek and what sources you might use.