watch the film “Jonestown: The Life and Death of Peoples’ Temple” write an essay of 1000-1200 words in length that analyzes the Jonestown tragedy according to the historical and cultural influences of the 1970s. What is going on historically in the 1970s that creates so much social upheaval in America? Why are so many people in the 1970s hungry for new religious answers to their problems and how does Jim Jones offer them an answer? How does Jones convince hundreds of people in the end to voluntarily commit suicide? While it is an extreme example, how is Peoples’ Temple part of the religious cultural trend of the 1970s and how does it compare to other religious movements of the time? Paper Requirements:
• Write in 3rd person voice. DO NOT use 1st person voice.
• Use Arial or Helvetica font, 12 point size
• Margins should be 1″ on all four sides of your essay
• Name block is single-spaced. The rest of the essay is double-spaced.
• Do not add extra space after carriage returns or any other paper stretching method. Remember, the word count (1000-1200 words) is the requirement, so trying to stretch a three page paper into five pages is pointless. When you turn a paper in electronically, it gives a word count. Short papers will receive a significant point deduction.
• Grammar, punctuation, spelling and proper essay formatting count. You should be able to write a well organized essay, which includes an introduction with a solid thesis, a well-organized and cohesive body, and a proper conclusion. If you have trouble in these areas, please go to the learning center to get assistance. It is located in University Hall (UH) 351.
• No outside sources are necessary or desired for this assignment.
• Double-check that you have cited your sources. I am ruthless when it comes to plagiarism, so please make sure your sources are properly cited. Including only a bibliography at the end is not enough. You must include both the proper citation notes in either MLA or Chicago-Turabian style, and a bibliography in the same style.
• Put your NAME, CLASS AND SECTION NUMBER (History 146-03) on your paper in the top right corner. No cover sheet or covering binder for your paper is necessary or desired