The paper will require students review the following program guidelines for School Health Smoking Cessation published by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) along with the CDC Smoking Cessation Best Practices document, utilizing the following links.
Guidelines for School Health – Smoking Cessation
Best practices – Smoking Cessation
Write a 3-5 page paper in an APA format analyzing the program by answering the following questions, explaining what the specific health of smoking and why it needed to be addressed. Then, consider the resources and respond to the following:
- In which setting was the health promotion/prevention program implemented?
- What was the rationale for the selection of the setting and the population?
- Was there a theory that guided the program or study? If so, what theory or theories were used?
- What were the results of the program or study?
- In what ways did the program or study contribute to the field of health education?