Even the Rain (También la Lluvia) (2010)
Please answer the questions based on your recent viewing of the film. Your responses must be typewritten, double-spaced, complete sentences and spell-checked as needed.
1. Do you feel that there are parallels between the discovery by Columbus and the plans made to privatize water in Bolivia in Even the Rain? If you do, give specific examples from the film. If you do not feel that there are parallels, what would you list as the differences?
2. In Even the Rain, we see many ways in which Sebastián’s fictional film is integrated inside the overall “real” action of this film. What are some of the ways this is done?
3. Why do you think the director uses the device of a film-within-a-film?
4. What is the importance of the scene of the mothers in the river?
5. In your opinion, are there any similarities between Daniel and Atuey (Daniel’s character in Sebastián’s film? How would you compare or contrast the two characters?
6. Do you believe that the characters of Costa and Sebastián change through the film? Who do you feel experiences the most change and how/why?
7. What do you think is the significance of the gift Daniel gives to Costa?