- The Executive Summary (pages ES‐1 & ES‐2), and Chapters 1 and 2 (pages 1‐13) [Note: in Acrobat these are pages 11‐25] of the Contingency Planning Guide for Information Technology Systems (Links to an external site.) from the National Institute of Standards and Technology, 2010. Attached HERE due to non-availability because of government funding shutdown.
- Review the in particular the list under “Technology/Management.” kpmg-checklist.pdf
- “Governing Information Technology Risk (Links to an external site.)”, by Parent and Reich, California Management Review, 2009.
Read the material on contingency planning, disaster recovery plans, and governing risk to prepare yourself for this assignment, in which you will assess and critic a disaster recovery plan. Disaster recovery plans typically include this content:
- Identification of the most critical systems
- Impact analysis of systems outage, with maximum amount of time the organization can survive with systems down
- Risk assessment of probability of disasters
- Identification of mission‐critical systems, their files and location of backups
- Action plan for handling mission‐critical systems in the event of an outage
- Procedures to follow during and after a disaster (recovery)
- Schedule for testing the disaster recovery plan
- Evidence of management support and funding for disaster recovery planning
Use the DR plan and description of an organization provided to you for this assignment – attached here: TXA&MITDisasterRecoveryPlan.pdf .
- Describe the process (steps) you would use in any organization to develop and deploy a business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
- Critically review the Texas A&M plan provided and suggest ways to improve, note any missing elements, and provide any other suggestions you have for the development team. This assessment and process description should be no more than 3000 words. Please cite any material using MLA style if necessary.
ATTACHED IS THE REFERNCE COPY FOR THE ASSIGNMENT