Part 1: Leadership Reflection Essay
Assume you have been promoted within your company (or your dream company) to a top management position. In preparation for your new position, reflect on your leadership point of view and describe your leadership values. Share how your leadership approach will develop your employees to create a high performing organization (or improve it).
In a 1,000-word reflection essay, considering your leadership view, evaluate the following:
- Identify key people and events that have shaped and influenced your leadership point of view.
- Describe your leadership values.
- Share your expectations for your self and others.
- Articulate how companies can do the same to develop their employees to create high-performing organizations.
- Articulate how your personal talent development strategy (personally) and how you can become an effective leader and develop others to succeed.
Part 2: Memo/Email
As a new top manager in your company (or your dream company), write a memo or email to your direct reports to share your expectations of yourself and others. Review “Chapter 7: Writing Emails, Letters, and Memos” from Business Writing for Everyone for assistance on formatting your memo or email.