developing and issuing a job offer, management homework help
Please use the book as a reference (pages are attached)
1. The Job Offer Letter – Read the McDonald’s vignette in Strategic Exercise #1 on page 324 of your textbook. Carefully think about what should be included in the offer letter based on what you are trying to achieve. Then, using the information from the “Intro to Chapter Seven Video” and Chapter 11 in your textbook, complete the following:
- Describe the goals of the offer letter based on the vignette and what you know of McDonald’s.
- Develop a comprehensive, well-written offer letter for Pat Edwards that incorporates all necessary job offer components discussed in the intro video (including an employment-at-will clause) that meets the hiring goals.
- Not only do you need to be sure that the letter contains all of the necessary information, but it must also be in the correct professional format. For more on this, as well as an example, please see the following website:
c. Explain how this letter is designed to meet the hiring goals discussed in part “a” of this question.
2. Negotiations – To really be a good negotiator, you need to be able to see issues from both sides. This week you will be looking at negotiations from both the side of the HR professional and the final candidate.
- Read the article “How to Negotiate Salaries with New Hires.” Develop a list of recommendations that you could give to a manager that would help him or her to better negotiate with a final candidate. Can you add anything that is not in the article?
- Watch the Deepak Malhotra video “How to Negotiate Your Job Offer.”Develop a list of recommendations that you could give to a job candidate that would help
- Describe an experience that you have had negotiating a job offer either as an HR professional, manager, or a job candidate. How did you feel about it? How could it have been done better? (If you have not ever had to negotiate a job offer, ask someone at work, a family member, or a friend about his or her experience.)
- Read the case study “Hiring FBI Agents” on page 325 of your textbook.
- Thorougly address the three questions at the end of the case (page 325.)
- If you were a consultant, how would you suggest the FBI improve their process?
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!