Using support from your assigned reading, the Instructor Guidance, and the discussions, submit the following for evaluation. Use the below guidelines for creating your written assignment. If you have questions about the assignment or the rubric, please contact your instructor using the “Ask Your Instructor” discussion before the due date.
- Lesson Plan (4 points): Revise the lesson plan you submitted for the Week One Assignment to include specific accommodations and/or modifications in accordance with Bianca’s IEP.
- Justification (4 points): Write one page of justification for your revisions explaining how the accommodations or modifications you developed are in accordance with the IEP. Format the document in APA with a separate title and references page.
- Syntax and Mechanics (1 point): Exhibit meticulous use of grammar, spelling, and organization throughout your submission.
- Organization (.5 points): Use the lesson plan template provided.
- Source Requirement (1 point): Reference at least three scholarly sources, which may include your course textbook, in order to provide credible evidence to support your ideas.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources downloadtable offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Additional Page Requirement (.5 points): Your submission must include a separate title and reference page.
- APA format (1 point): All in-text citations, page format and references must be written in APA 6th edition format.
Cohen, L. & Spenciner, L. (2009) Teaching students with mild and moderate disabilities: Research-based practices (2nd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Publication.
American Psychological Association. (2002). Ethical principles of psychologists and code of conduct. American Psychologist, 57(12), 1060-1073. doi:10.1037/0003-066X.57.12.1060
Bremer, C. D., Kachgal, M., & Schoeller, K. (2003). Self-determination: Supporting successful transition (Links to an external site.). Research to Practice Brief: Improving Secondary Education and Transition Services Through Research, 2(1). Retrieved from http://www.ncset.org/publications/viewdesc.asp?id=962
ProfKelley. (2010). Screencasting – Creating a Narrated PowerPoint with Jing (Links to an external site.) [Video File]. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npMuCWOvmVE