Preparing Your Creating a Logic Model Paper you were asked to conduct an assessment of a health topic in a community of of your choice using the PRECEDE portion of the PRECEDE-PROCEED model. This week, you will draw on that assessment to develop a culturally-tailored program intervention and describe your program in the context of a logic model to address your health topic of concern. This paper will comprise one part of the final assignment (Grant Proposal paper) for this course. Once your logic model paper is graded, you will be asked to revise the paper according to instructor feedback and incorporate the sections into your final assignment .
For the purpose of this paper:
You will apply your awareness of cultural values and practices in the development of a program intervention. Your intervention should be 12 months in length and have a budget of $100,000 to implement and staff your program. Please follow the steps below.
- Create a hypothetical organization that has a history working with your identified priority population in your focus community. Feel free to model your organizational description after an actual organization that works with your identified priority population or in your target community (1 page).
- Describe your organization. Be concise, specific and compelling. Explain what is unique about your organization and why you are well-situated to work with your priority population and to address your identified issue. Use the description to build credibility for your organization.
- Identify at least one partner agency that you will be collaborating with. Indicate who they are and the purpose of your collaboration. Collaborations come in several different forms. Be sure to explain how this collaboration will work and the role(s) of each organization.
- Describe the health problem within the target population. Incorporate your findings from your Module 3 assignment.
- Present the existence of the health problem. Provide a description of the size of the public health problem at national, state, and local levels. At the local level, make sure to explain how it relates to your target population.
- Describe causes of the health problem. Identify the various factors that contribute to the existence of the health problem and discuss this relationship in terms of a causal theory.
- Zero in on specific factor(s) that your organization will address and present a clear, concise, well-supported statement of the problem to be overcome. Make a connection between the issue and your organization. Explain consequences if health problem is not addressed.
- Explain what you intend to accomplish: (1 page)
- Describe your program’s mission.
- Identify your program’s goal(s). Goals should be consistent with the program mission and should broadly identify what your organization wants and expects to accomplish in the future.
- Identify your program’s objectives. Objectives should be SMART and should serve as a “mile marker” towards your stated goal(s). Distinguish between process and outcome (effect) objectives.
- Describe your plan for implementation.
- Describe your organizational plan. Specify the resources (inputs and capacity) that your organization will need to implement and sustain your program intervention. (1 page)
- Describe your service utilization plan. This includes a description of culturally appropriate intervention activities that will be developed and implemented (with available resources) to achieve your program objectives. Describe why you have chosen these activities and how they are culturally sensitive and appropriate. (1-2 pages)
- Develop a logic model visual that clearly connects inputs to activities and activities to outputs. For each action step, list projected completion dates and person(s) responsible.
- The Creating a Logic Model Paper is worth 280 points and will be graded on quality of information, use of citations, use of standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
- Create your paper using Microsoft Word, which is the required format for all Chamberlain College documents.
- Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about your assignment may be posted under the Q & A Forum.
- The length of the paper is to be no less than 7 pages and no greater than 8 pages, excluding title page and reference pages.
- The paper should be written in 12-point font and double-spaced with APA style citation (in-text citations and references).
- APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headings (upper and lower case, centered, boldface):