1. Prepare a comparative table in which you contrast the characteristics and details of the origins and development of social work in the United States, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean. Bring your comparison chart to the workshop to participate in a collaborative activity. The student will identify the most significant historical events in the United States that influenced the development and evolution of the Social Work profession.
2. Look for information on the following agencies:
1. National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
2. International Federation of Social Work (IFSW)
3. Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB)
4. Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
Be prepared to participate in a collaborative activity during the workshop.
3. Write a reflective essay of at least two pages, and elaborate on the following aspects:
1. What is the current state of Social Work in the United States?
2. What do you focus on and what are the functions of current (modern) social work in the United States?
3. Explain the historical events that impacted the different ways of practicing social work.
Remember that an essay is made up of three basic parts: introduction, body or middle, and conclusion. In a reflective essay, the student must effectively combine the concepts and foundations of the discipline of study (definitions, history, prominent figures) with their experiences applicable to the topic of discussion or the guiding questions.