Topic: Child abuse and/or neglect
Please follow the outline below to develop the paper (See APA video below)
- Give a brief overview of the history, ideology, origin or underlying cause of the social issue or social problem.
- Identify who is impacted by the social issue or social problem and how many people are affected by the issue or problem. Discuss whether some populations are disproportionately at risk for this problem and the reasons underlying the disproportionate risk.
- Describe how the issue or problem affects this population and indicate why there is a need for a social service solution.
- Identify and describe the current social policies and the social services that are offered to prevent the problem and/or ameliorate the situation for persons impacted by the problem.
- Identify the criteria for eligibility for these services.
- Discuss the specific services that are available to address the problem.
- Describe how these services are administered and delivered.
- Discuss the effectiveness of these services in preventing or ameliorating the problem.
- Discuss the extent to which these services are effectively delivered to and culturally relevant for persons in greatest need.
- Identify the interest groups instrumental in the initial or current development of the policy.
- Identify any ethical considerations when working with this population.
- Based on your analysis, identify the strengths and limitations of this policy, program or social service. Identity the changes you would recommend in the policy, program or service to more effectively and efficiently meet the needs of the target population.
- Develop a strategy to advocate for and to enact or implement a policy or social service change that you would recommend.
Format for the Framework for Analysis of Social Welfare Policy Paper
- The paper is to have have an outline or table of content. This outline/table of content is to give the reader an overview of your approach to the topic and specific pages where to find specific content.
- The paper is to have an introduction separate from the body of the paper and it should be no more than a paragraph.
- The body of the paper should be no more than seven full doubled spaced pages and no less than five full pages, typewritten using a twelve-point font. The paper should have a standard one inch margin on all sides and doubled spaced.
- The paper is to contain a minimum of five citations of sources, properly documented in APA style. There should be a reference page with no fewer than five current references. To assist the student in developing an APA style paper please watch the following YouTube video for ideas: