Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 10 (Review Chapter 8, 9)
- Minimum of 6 scholarly sources – at least 2 for Judaism, 2 for Christianity, & 2 for Islam (in addition to textbook/lesson)
In a well-composed essay, complete the following:
- Introduction: Clarify briefly what this essay will accomplish.
- Develop a timeline showing the historical relationship among Judaism, Christianity and Islam’s beginnings. Indicate their geographical connections, founders, and any divisions within each religion.
- Choose one element from the following list: the nature of god, the nature of Jesus, holy books, or salvation. Analyze your chosen element by demonstrating the similarities or differences among the three religions regarding your chosen element, using specific examples.
- Examine at least two challenges that affect how all three religions currently relate to each other. Give an example of each challenge to support your observation. Further, define globalization and discuss how globalization helps or hinders this current relationship. (You can find a very good video on globalization in Week 8).
- Conclusion: Bring your essay together by reflecting on what you learned and how it might help you in your profession going forward.
Your paper should include headings for each segment, including the introduction and conclusion, and thoughtful examples and analysis in your body paragraphs.
In addition to outside sources, make sure to reference your textbook and/or lesson.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 1000-1200 words (not including title page or reference page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (Cite textbook/lesson and a minimum of 6 outside scholarly sources.)
- Page or paragraph for in-text citations
Addresses all required elements of the assignment as per instructions including correct number of scholarly sources and use of text/ lesson.
Throughout the whole work, the submission shows evidence of original & critical thinking; research; use of detailed and persuasive examples.
Assignment is well organized and includes all of the following: an introduction that states what the paper will produce; headings; logical movement from one point to the next with good transitions; central idea that is developed and expanded; and a conclusion that summarizes submission goal and learning.
The writing is free of errors in usage (correct word usage, tense, form etc.) and mechanics (spelling, punctuation, quotation, structure – complete sentences, etc.) that would detract from a clear reading of the paper.
Throughout the whole work, in-text references are consistently formatted using APA style, including page or paragraph; reference page includes complete bibliographic information for all required sources using APA style; format (margins, spacing font size) adheres to APA style.