I need the following items completed ASAP. The first assignment needs to be in EXCEL and the second in WORD.
Recording General Fund Operating Budget and Operating Transactions. The Town of Bedford Falls approved a General Fund operating budget for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2017. The budget provides for estimated revenues of $2,700,000 as follows: property taxes, $1,900,000; licenses and permits, $350,000; fines and forfeits, $250,000; and intergovernmental (state grants), $200,000. The budget approved appropriations of $2,650,000 as follows: General Government, $500,000; Public Safety, $1,600,000; Public Works, $350,000; Culture and Recreation, $150,000; and Miscellaneous, $50,000.
- Prepare the journal entry (or entries), including subsidiary ledger entries, to record the Town of Bedford Falls’s General Fund operating budget on July 1, 2016, the beginning of the Town’s 2017 fiscal year.
- Prepare journal entries to record the following transactions that occurred during the month of July 2016.
- Revenues were collected in cash amounting to $31,000 for licenses and permits and $12,000 for fines and forfeits.
- Supplies were ordered by the following functions in early July 2016 at the estimated costs shown:
- During July 2016, supplies were received at the actual costs shown below and were paid in cash. General Government, Culture and Recreation, and Miscellaneous received all supplies ordered. Public Safety and Public Works received part of the supplies ordered earlier in the month at estimated costs of $10,700 and $5,900, respectively.
- Page 108Calculate and show in good form the amount of budgeted but unrealized revenues in total and from each source as of July 31, 2016.
- Calculate and show in good form the amount of available appropriation in total and for each function as of July 31, 2016.
Review Ch. 1. Case 1-14, Research Case-GASB. (Please see below)
Comparing Financial Reporting Objectives. GASB Concepts Statement No. 1, “Objectives of Financial Reporting,” states that “Accountability is the cornerstone of all financial reporting in government.” FASB Statements of Financial Accounting Concepts Statement No. 8, “Conceptual Framework for Financial Reporting,” states that “The objective of general purpose financial reporting is to provide financial information about the reporting entity that is useful to existing and potential investors, lenders, and other creditors in making decisions about providing resources to the entity.” However, the FASB has acknowledged through Statement of Financial Accounting Concepts No. 4, “Objectives of Financial Reporting by Nonbusiness Organizations,” that users of business and not-for-profit entities differ.
Write a 175 word response.
Compare the financial reporting needs of the resource providers of government/not-for-profit organizations to the financial reporting needs of the resource providers of for-profit organizations.