Read Units 5 &6, watch the following videos and integrate them with lecture/discussion material and respond to the following questions (1-2 paragraphs per question).
1. Define and Discuss the concept of judicial review and its importance to our constitutional system.
2. Discuss the judicial selection process. What criteria do presidents use when selecting Justices on the Supreme Court?
3. What are civil liberties? Give some specific examples of the most important civil liberties.
4. Discuss Ted Nugent’s take on gun control. Do you think he has some good points or is he off his rocker?
5. Discuss 3 key events or developments in Civil Rights history that helped change the course of American history and politics.