1. What is the future value of $500 a year for nine years compounded annually at 11%? How much will the future value of $900 for nine years compounded annually at 11% be?
2. After placing $8,000 in a savings account paying annual compound interest of 7%, calculate the amount that will accumulate if it is left for 10 years?
3. What is the present value of a $650 perpetuity discounted back to the present at 12%? What is the present value of the perpetuity?
4. To pay for your education you have taken out $28,000 in student loans. If you make monthly payments over 13 years at 6% compounded monthly, how much are your monthly student loan payments?
5. How much do you have to deposit today so that beginning 11 years from now, you can withdraw $9,000 a year for the next eight years (periods 11 through 18) plus an additional amount of $18,000 in the last year (period 18)? Assume an interest rate of 8%. What is the amount of money you would need to deposit today?