DUE 7/20/23 1pm EST
300 words, not including
- Consider a common diagnosis for patients in your clinical experience. If you are not currently in clinical, identify medications related to a diagnosis you are familiar with.
- What medication is your patient taking? Identify the mechanism of action and therapeutic action of medications in use for hypertension, peripheral vascular disease, migraines, anemia.
- What is the etiology of the disease process? What other actions are appropriate for improving the patient’s condition?
- What are the therapeutic actions that you will be monitoring for? Can you monitor them with nursing interventions?
- What are the potential systemic adverse reactions to the medications? How will you monitor for those adverse effects? How will they be treated?
- Are there potential toxicity’s related to any medication your patient is taking? What developmental concerns might the healthcare provider need to consider with your patient related to these medications?