This week, we learned toxicology, plate tectonics, environmental hazards, the rock cycle, and contagious diseases. For your Unit 3 Complete assignment, write a narrative essay (minimum 1000 words) in which you address and discuss the questions and statements listed below. Use at least three scholarly sources and remember to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the READ and ATTEND sections in your essay. Cite your sources in APA format.
- Discuss the four major types of environmental health hazards. Where does BPA fit in these categories and how can you get exposed to it? Discuss the precautionary principle.
- Many people across the world die from exposure to infectious diseases. Why are the numbers so much higher in developing countries as they are in developed countries?
- In what ways does affluence affect the natural environment compared to how poverty affects the natural environment?
- Differentiate between an LD50 and an ED50 response to toxicity.
- Thoroughly describe the rock cycle and tectonic plate movement.
- Why are minerals so important? Why is there such an issue getting consumers to recycling them?
- Explain how scientist identify and assess risk.